09 Mar EDGE NEXT – Senior Cloud Engineer (Full Stack)
Senior Cloud Engineer (Full Stack)
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
About EDGE Next
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects all over Europe and the United States. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we have started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world. We are frontrunners in the market and continuously develop our product further in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, enabling us to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, we are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
We are looking for a full-time Data Engineer (Medior) to strengthen our team. In your role you will be building new platform capabilities while optimizing and rearchitecting the existing data platform. Through close collaboration with our inhouse developers and data scientists you will be able to co-develop with our partners at Microsoft for the development of the next generation of our underlying Azure IoT platform. Furthermore, you will have regular interaction with our wider international product -, commercial – and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
Competencies relevant to the role
- Extensive experience with the .NET Core framework and other MS technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings, like Function Apps, Web Apps, CosmosDB, Azure SQL as well as Event Hubs, Event Grid and IoT Hub would be a plus.
- Must have advanced experience in Object Oriented Programming and agile software development.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with Azure DevOps for source control and should understand pull requests, branches, repositories and other CI/CD concepts
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, like Azure ARM and Azure CLI
- Experience with REST API/ Web API creation, consumption, integration using Service Oriented Architecture / Service Bus (Azure Service Bus)
- Experienced with serverless and microservices architecture
- Experience in working with global scalable cloud enterprise applications.
- Experience with unit test frameworks (Microsoft Unit Test Framework, Moq),
- Strong understanding of distributed systems a plus
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to learn
- Intrinsic strive for excellence
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented
- Thrives working towards deadlines
- Shares our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings
- Communicative and enjoys working in teams with diverse, complementary skills
Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Bachelor or similar level of degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- >3 years work experience in development on Microsoft Azure IoT platform
- > 5 years work experience in a similar role
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Microsoft Certifications (Azure Administrator Associate or Azure Developer Associate)
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. EDGE offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore flexibility, a desire to constantly learn and to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our new Senior Cloud Engineer? Please apply by sending an email to Nicolette Speerstra (P&O) using the email address: email@example.com,or click on the Apply button below.