09 Mar EDGE NEXT – QA Engineer
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
About EDGE Next
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects all over Europe and the United States. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we have started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world. We are frontrunners in the market and continuously develop our product further in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, enabling us to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, we are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
We are looking for a full-time Data Engineer (Medior) to strengthen our team. In your role you will be building new platform capabilities while optimizing and rearchitecting the existing data platform. Through close collaboration with our inhouse developers and data scientists you will be able to co-develop with our partners at Microsoft for the development of the next generation of our underlying Azure IoT platform. Furthermore, you will have regular interaction with our wider international product -, commercial – and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
Your key tasks will include:
- Discovering and researching, setting up new test cases from scratch, thinking about our product and formulating a suitable test strategy.
- Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality the most important deliverable;
- Clarifying requirements, estimating and prioritizing functional and technical testing activities, identifying and reporting defects.
- Contribute to the team by participating in refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily stand-ups and retrospectives;
- Executing functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, scalability and security) tests;
- Writing automations for all the important product flows;
- Developing and implementing automated tests and working together with operations to make it a part of our CI/CD process.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers within our engineering team to ensure quality.
- Help define and rollout improvements to testing and quality processes across both the tech team and wider company;
- Updating and maintain test suites/test cases frequently;
As such, you will be working closely with your colleagues in the Engineering and Product teams efficient, smooth, and quality releases to maximize customer satisfaction. This is a key part of realizing the value we aim to deliver to our customers but also to ensure the scalability of our solution and teams through standardization and clever partnerships.
As we are a growing company you will also have regular interaction with the entire EDGE Next team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
Competencies relevant to the role
- Have at least 3+ years of working experience as a QA engineer;
- Have experience with automation testing on multiple projects;
- Know how to test APIs and web applications;
- Have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- Experience with UI Testing automation (Visual studio + C# + Selenium webdriver + Nunit + Specflow, Fitness using Java code)
- Have a thorough knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Are fluent in English C1 or higher;
- Have experience with working/testing in big data
- Communicative and enjoys working in teams with diverse, complementary skills
- Shares our goal to create smarter, healthier and more sustainable office buildings through state-of-the-art technology
Technical Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Current or planned residency in the Randstad Region
- A few years of relevant work experience in SaaS or Smart Building sector
- ISTQB Certified
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. EDGE offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore, high ambitions, a desire to constantly learn and to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our new QA Engineer? Please apply by sending an email to Nicolette Speerstra (P&O) using the email address: email@example.com or click on the Apply button below.