24 Feb EDGE – Concept Developer
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
What we do
We are a fast-growing real estate (technology) company, changing the world for the better. Joining EDGE means joining a high-energy team of more than 100 professionals that together redefine the real estate industry on a daily basis. We are product owners, developers, engineers, business strategists, computer scientists and many more. All working towards our greatest goal: serving the world with better buildings. Because we strongly believe buildings can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
What is amazing about this job?
This job offers the possibility to help develop better buildings for the world. You will be part of our Acquisition Team that operates in the initiation phase in which acquisitions/ opportunities are converted into projects (pre-Sketch design) for both office developments and housing projects.
The Acquisitions team is a part of the Development team responsible for the entire development process of our projects.
We are looking for an enthusiastic creative person who has affinity with sustainable offices and homes and who is looking for the interaction between architecture and project development.
Responsibilities you have
- Analyze the possibilities and restrictions of a potential lead
- Translate the analysis into an architectural concept that represents the EDGE values
- Set up internal and external presentations to customers
- Direct (external) parties to come up with tempting “pitch” material
- Create concepts/development plans with an external advisory team
- Set up the corresponding financial business case in addition to the architecture
- Keep an eye on the architecture and design sector for the latest developments and innovations
- Contribute to the development of new standards in the field of design, sustainability and health
Competencies relevant for the role
- Creative and Communicative
- Entrepreneurial, but also a Team player
- Persuasiveness, showing the team and/or customer the importance of the choices made
- Problem solver, results oriented
- Hands on enthusiastic personality with a high energy level
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings
- Interested in the commercial and financial side of creating the built environment
- Affinity with architecture, sustainability, health and technology
- Accustomed to operating in a Dutch environment, with Dutch clients, advisors and design processes.
Skills you have
- Master’s degree in Architecture.
- At least 3-5 years work experience at an architectural firm
- Proven track record in sustainable and healthy office buildings and residential construction (both new construction and redevelopment)
- Knowledge of, and experience with parametric design
- Exceptional written and oral skills in Dutch and English
- Sketch-up Pro
Nice to have
- Rhino / grasshopper
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Are you our new Concept Developer or do you have questions about the position? Then contact or send your CV, including your motivation to Nicolette Speerstra (Sr. HR Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org