31 Jan EDGE – Head of ESG
Head of ESG
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
What we do
We are a fast-growing real estate (technology) company, changing the world for the better. Joining EDGE means joining a high-energy team of more than 100 professionals that together redefine the real estate industry on a daily basis. We are product owners, developers, engineers, business strategists, computer scientists and many more. All working towards our greatest goal: serving the world with better buildings. Because we strongly believe buildings can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
What is amazing about this job?
As Head of ESG you will be part of the international Innovation Team but also work closely together with other teams such as the Finance Team and Branding Team. You will help to further shape and establish the EDGE ESG Agenda and play a key role in implementing our ESG agenda both within our company and in our projects. You will also be responsible for setting up centralised reporting around ESG. As the Head of ESG you will be an ambassador, both internally and externally, for our ESG strategy.
Responsibilities you have
This will be an important role within EDGE with a broad range of responsibilities. There will be three key areas of focus:
First of all we expect you to work together closely with the innovation team to actively shape and develop our ESG Strategy. This requires a good understanding of different ESG topics, both from a technical and from a policy perspective. Our EDGE net zero carbon ambition is an important part of our ESG strategy, but clearly we are looking at a broader range of topics, both for our projects, and for our own operations.
Secondly it will be your responsibility to set up our annual ESG Reporting. Here you will work closely together with the Business Analysis team and with the Branding Team
Thirdly we expect you to be an active ambassador for EDGE around ESG. This will involve speaking at events, participating at pitch presentations, engaging with clients and other stakeholders etc.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive ESG strategy both on company and project level across all countries and support implementation
- Set up annual ESG reporting together with Business Analysis / Finance Team
- Support collection of all required ESG data
- Work with the Innovation Team members to drive product innovation to ensure we continue to deliver buildings with the best ESG credentials
- Work with Sustainability Innovation Manager to set up and manage carbon off-setting strategy for our project and our company emissions
- Business Development and external communication, representing EDGE on industry panels
- Work closely together with the Branding Team to ensure strong and consistent communication and PR around ESG
Skills required /qualifications
Given the nature of this role it will be critical that you are a strong team player, with good interpersonal skills. You should also be comfortable to work in an entrepreneurial environment, where we expect you to take ownership of the ESG topic, and actively shape the direction of this topic within EDGE.
We understand that there may be different backgrounds that could qualify you for this position, we expect a number of these to be the qualifications listed below.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a related strategic position;
- Master degree, in Environmental Science, Architecture, Real Estate, Civil Engineering or other relevant qualification
- Ideally some background in real estate
- Proven track record in implementing corporate ESG strategies
- Strong interest and expertise in sustainability, health and wellbeing in the built environment;
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory landscape in Europe around ESG (EU Taxonomy, NFRD, SFDR, etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of the certification landscape in Europe around ESG (GRESB, GRI, etc.)
- Experience in business and operational transformations and setting up change programmes;
- Self-reliant, team player, innovator, analytical, results oriented
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings;
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills in English (Dutch and /or German language skills are beneficial).
- A resilience mindset, the ability to find creative solutions to problems and challenges
- And comfortable in working in our different markets
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Then contact or send your CV, including a motivation letter to Nicolette Speerstra (Sr. P&O Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org