11 Oct Smart Solution Manager / Amsterdam
Smart Solution Manager
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
What we do
We are a fast-growing smart real estate company, changing the world for the better. Joining EDGE means joining a highly energetic team of more than 100 professionals that together redefine the real estate industry on a daily basis. We are product owners, developers, engineers, business strategists, computer scientists and many more. All working towards our greatest goal: serving the world with better buildings. Because we strongly believe buildings can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool.
Are you up for the challenge?
What is amazing about this job?
You have the possibility to develop better buildings for the world. As Smart Solution Manager with preferably a MEP background you are part of the Smart Solution Excellence Team. The Smart Solution Excellence Team is part of our international Innovation Platform that is responsible for defining the strategy and ambition level of our future developments and finding new, innovative ways to excel on our four pillars: sustainability, wellbeing, design and technology across our portfolio.
The main responsibility of the Smart Solution Excellence Team is the definition of our future smart and MEP products based on research and development, acting as implementation manager of the smart solutions and MEP systems during project implementations. The Smart Solution Excellence Team is the owner of the “Smart Solution Package” and “Smart Solution Design Guide”. The Smart Solution Package is a state-of-the-art MEP building solution with cloud-based building automation systems, IoT sensors, smart lighting, highly secured backbone, access control, security systems, smart ceilings and many more building related systems. It is realized in collaboration with key suppliers to deliver smart solutions to our clients and users worldwide. The Smart Solution Package will grow over time to a more standardized design of the complete Mechanical and Electrical installation setup within EDGE projects.
As Smart Solutions Manager, you ensure a successful implementation and commissioning of the “Smart Solution Package” in the EDGE projects. Being based in Amsterdam you will work together with the smart solution colleagues who are based in our headquarter in Amsterdam and Berlin. You will also be collaborating with our Development Managers world-wide for project implementations. As member of the Smart Solution Team, you will also closely collaborate with our subsidiaries EDGE Next and EDGE Workspace.
All in all, as a Smart Solution Manager you and our high-performance team are key members, shaping the future of the company as you make sure we never stop implementing the smartest most recent market trends in our building product.
Responsibilities you have
- Manage the implementation and delivery of the Smart Solution Package to multiple complex projects in various design and implementation stages across different countries, to ensure timely and superior completion of all deliverables.
- Manage and oversee the project contracts with our Smart Solution Package partners to cover risks back-to-back.
- Set and review the budgets and manage the planning process for the Smart Solution Package delivery.
- Challenge the pricing and solutions offered by our smart solution suppliers.
- Form effective work relationships and networks with smart suppliers and service providers.
- Work with other EDGE teams to help support EDGE’s growth.
- As part of the Smart Solution Team, you will support the design teams of different EDGE projects in the specification of the Smart Solution Package in different countries (starting in The Netherlands and where possible within UK, DE, etc.).
- In collaboration with the other members of the Smart Solution Team, you will be working on the definition of the Smart Solution Package/design guide and help with the further continuous development of EDGE Smart Solutions. Further developments will also be related to complete a standardized Mechanical and Electrical design setup of EDGE projects worldwide. For the standardization of these Mechanical and Electrical design setup, a comprehensive MEP background is preferred.
Competencies relevant for the role
- Self-reliant team player, strong communicator, problem solver, innovator, results oriented
- Enthusiastic personality with a high level of energy
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings
- Commitment to change and flexibility
- Sustainability driven
- Entrepreneurial, and self-starting/motivating capabilities
- Commercial drive
Skills you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (preferable MEP) engineering/technology
- Several years of experience in building services or companies that develop or advise building services solutions
- Interest in and experience with MEP and smart building technology
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Send your CV, including a motivation letter to Nicolette Speerstra (Senior Manager People & Organisation) to firstname.lastname@example.org