27 Jan Development Manager/ Amsterdam
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
What we do
We are a fast-growing real estate (technology) company, changing the world for the better. Joining EDGE means joining a high-energy team of more than 100 professionals that together redefine the real estate industry on a daily basis. We are architects, business and construction engineers, designers, sustainability & well-being experts, economists, IT experts and many more. All working towards our greatest goal: serving the world with better buildings. Because we strongly believe buildings can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
What is amazing about this job?
You have the possibility to develop better buildings for the world. You will be part of our Development Team that is responsible for the entire development process of our projects. You will guide a unique project from A to Z, from acquisition phase to delivery, with the focus on residential
Responsibilities you have
- Participation with the commercial manager during the commercial process – from acquisition, leasing, sales to after sales.
- Lead the design team with focus on sustainability, innovation, wellbeing and technology.
- Setting and reviewing development budgets and manage the planning process.
- Manage and oversee the juridical background of the development in order to cover development risks back-to-back.
- Actively manage all external project stakeholders (municipality, neighbors, local community, etc.)
- Manage the environmental and political processes in order to obtain the building permit according to planning.
- Form effective working relationships and networks with contractors, investors, architects and other service providers to ensure timely and superior completion of all projects and deliverables.
- Work with internal teams such as investment and commercial to help support EDGE’s growth.
Competencies relevant for the role
- Self-reliant, problem solver, innovator, results oriented, enthusiastic personality with a high level of energy
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings
- Analytical and precise in execution
- Entrepreneurial, and self-starting/motivating capabilities
- Commercial drive
Skills you have
- Master’s degree, e.g. in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related role Experienced in residential developments and familiar with residential requirements of Investors.
- Experienced in the development of various housing concepts, fit-out processes and managing assets.
- Experienced in collaborating with contractors and investors.
- Experience in office developments is an advantage.
- Legal and transactional skills
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, networking and presentation skills in Dutch and English.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position? Then contact or send your CV, including a motivation letter to Nicolette Speerstra (Sr. P&O Manager) via email@example.com