16 Dec EDGE NEXT – Senior Software Development Manager (Full Stack)
Senior Software Development Manager
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
About EDGE Next
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects all over the globe. Building upon our parent company’s 25 year experience building the smartest and most sustainable commercial buildings, we have launched a SaaS-based venture two of years ago and are growing our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations, save energy and how create the optimal workplace experience. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create more sustainable buildings around the world. We are thought leaders in the market and continuously develop our product further in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack. Enabling us to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, we are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
We are looking for a full-time Senior Engineer to strengthen our team. In your role you will be responsible for leading a team of team leads and managaging the entire development pipeline. Being a hands-on leader, you will be building new platform capabilities while optimizing the existing code bases. You will also be working on building the next generation customer portal, including on new data interfaces and integrating data from different data sources from buildings (sensor data, building management system data, etc.) as well as systems of tenants (room booking, access control, parking, etc.) and partner solutions such as mobile applications. Integrating mostly Microsoft IoT based solutions. Through close collaboration with our inhouse developers and data scientists you will be able to co-develop with our partners at Microsoft for the development of the next generation Azure IoT Digital Twin platform. Furthermore, you will have regular interaction with our wider international product -, commercial – and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
What will you be building
- Working on a state of the art Smart Building Digital Twin IoT Platform
- Create and maintain various frontends of the platform, like the customer portal and the digital signage solution.
- Contribute to a vast ecosystem of APIs for the platform, including serverless infrastructure to support telemetry ingress, data processing, eventing, and actionable insights and reusable UI components
Competencies relevant to the role
- Communicative and enjoys working in, and leading teams with diverse, complementary skills.
- Mentor and coach for software the development team.
- Extensive experience with the .NET Core framework and other MS technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings, like Function Apps, Web Apps, CosmosDB, as well as Azure Static Web Apps, Azure SQL ,Event Hubs, Event Grid and IoT Hub would be a plus.
- Must have experience in Object Oriented Programming and agile software development.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Azure DevOps for source control and should understand pull requests, branches, repositories and other CI/CD concepts
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, like Azure ARM and Azure CLI.
- Experience with RESTful Web API creation, consumption and integration using Service Oriented Architectures
- Experienced with serverless and microservices architecture
- Experience in working with global scalable cloud enterprise applications.
- Experience with unit test frameworks (like MS Test, Moq),
- Strong understanding of distributed systems a plus
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented and intrinsic strive for excellence
- Thrives working towards deadlines
- Shares our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings
Education & Experience relevant to the role
- >5 years experience in managing the development pipeline and leading team leads
- Bachelor or similar level of degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- >5 years work experience in development on Microsoft Azure platform
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. EDGE Next offers an attractive employee benefits package that meets market conditions. Therefore flexibility, a desire to constantly learn and to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our new Senior Software Development Manager? Then contact or send your CV, including a motivation letter to Nicolette Speerstra (Sr. P&O Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on Apply here.