12 Oct Sales Manager / EDGE NEXT / Amsterdam
Sales Manager EDGE NEXT
Focus; commercial success with happy customer, commercial business development
This full-time position is based in Amsterdam
About EDGE Next
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam with projects all over the world. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, EDGE Next is a SaaS venture aiming to deliver the best Smart Building Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world.
We use sensor technology, building management system integrations and cloud computing to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing office buildings is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations, improve the level of sustainability and elevate the workplace health and wellbeing, while creating a great working experience for employees. We are front-runners in the market and continuously develop our proposition in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, Sensor innovations and our truly unique experience in building the world’s smartest and most sustainable buildings.
We are a passionate team of product owners, software developers, real estate experts, project and commercial managers. All working towards our greatest goal: make building’s count, everywhere on the globe. Because we strongly believe every office building can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
As international sales manager at EDGE Next you are commercially responsible, together with the commercial team, for the commercial success of the smart building platform developed by EDGE Next and its partners.
You will report directly to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for the full commercial life-cycle of our solution from acquisitions, sales and contracting up to account management working in a growing team of highly skilled and driven professionals. As the key commercial contact for customers of our application and data analytics offerings, you will be working closely with the project managers and product owners of EDGE Next. You will have the chance to travel regularly within Europe (and occasionally beyond) for new leads and to meet your clients. You share our strong believe that the world needs better buildings and you are convinced that through advanced IoT and Platform solutions we will be able to make buildings far more sustainable, healthy and efficient.
Responsibilities you have
- Managing the sales process for the EDGE Next platform solution and related services.
- You will help clients define the right use cases and solutions to answer their business needs and transforming these into proposals and negotiate Software as s Service Agreements.
- Being the key-contact for clients during sales, contracting and acting as account manager.
- Making sure the customer gets what he wants and becomes a great reference for the company.
- Maintaining after-sales contact with clients as key account manager in selected cases
- Ensuring we have super happy customers by collaborating closely with technical project management and the product team.
- Working with product development to help develop amazing new smart solutions for our customers
You should be
- Passionate in solving customers´challenges with the best interest of the customers as your first priority, Strongly committed to maximize client satisfaction
- Flexible, we are a scale-up, so things change rapidly and so might your responsibilities
- Able to switch between highlevel overviews and reporting and detailed work on proposals and contracts
- Tech-savy, highly interested in IoT and sophisticated smart platforms
- A true believer in “the world needs better buildings”
- Outgoing with excellent inter-personal skills
- Striving for excellence with a strong sense of ownership.
- Driven to be part of a high-performing team of innovators
Skills and experiences you have
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate software sales
- A higher-education degree for example in Business Administration, Law or Data Science
- Real Estate related work experience and/or education is an asset
- Fluency in English (C level) is a must
- Excellent German and Dutch skills are an asset
Competencies relevant to the role
- Well-structured and process oriented
- Customer service orientation
- Intrinsic strive for excellence
- Good problem solver, pragmatic and result oriented
- Communicative and enjoys working with international teams with diverse, complementary skills
- Shares our goal to create smarter, healthier and more sustainable buildings through state-of-the-art technology
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. EDGE offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore high ambitions, a desire to constantly learn and to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Send your CV, including a motivation letter to Nicolette Speerstra (Senior Manager People & Organisation) to firstname.lastname@example.org