18 May QA Engineer – EDGE NEXT Amsterdam
EDGE NEXT, Amsterdam, Full Time position
About EDGE Next
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam with projects all over the world. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, EDGE Next is a SaaS venture aiming to deliver the best Smart Building Platform for office buildings, using state-of-the-art technology and our real estate expertise to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world.
We use sensor technology, building management system (BMS) integrations and cloud computing to create a unique building analytics platform and employee engagement applications. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing office buildings is helping our clients (tenants and owners of large office portfolios) to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and elevate the workplace experience for employees. We are front-runners in the market and continuously develop our proposition in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, sensor innovations and our truly unique experience in building the world’s smartest and most sustainable workplaces.
We are a passionate international team of product owners, software developers, real estate experts, project and commercial managers. All working towards our greatest goal: make building’s count, everywhere on the globe. Because we strongly believe every office building can be healthier, smarter, more sustainable and at the same time incredibly cool. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
To ensure that we provide our users with the highest quality product and experiences, we are looking for a full-time QA Engineer to strengthen our team. In your role you will be responsible to set up best quality practices and processes that ensure our platform development process runs smoothly. Using your experience, you will ensure that the engineering team continuously delivers high quality work products. In addition to being a key part of the agile development process, you will also support internal and external stakeholders on product quality related topics.
Responsibilities you have
- Discovering and researching, setting up new test cases from scratch, thinking about our product and formulating a suitable test strategy.
- Promoting quality assurance in your team by owning the testing process and making quality an important deliverable;
- Clarifying requirements, estimating and prioritizing functional and technical testing activities, identifying and reporting defects.
- Contribute to the team by participating in refining and estimating user stories, planning sprints, daily stand-ups and retrospectives;
- Executing functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, scalability and security) tests;
- Writing automations for all the important product flows;
- Developing and implementing automated tests and working together with operations to make it a part of our CI/CD process.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers within our engineering team to ensure quality.
- Help define and rollout improvements to testing and quality processes across both the tech team and wider company;
- Updating and maintain test suites/test cases frequently;
As such, you will be working closely with your colleagues in the Engineering and Product teams efficient, smooth, and quality releases to maximize customer satisfaction. This is a key part of realizing the value we aim to deliver to our customers but also to ensure the scalability of our solution and teams through standardization and clever partnerships.
As we are a growing company you will also have regular interaction with the entire EDGE Next team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise. Come and join us!
Competencies relevant to the role
- Have at least 3+ years of working experience as a QA engineer;
- Have experience with automation testing on multiple projects;
- Know how to test APIs and web applications;
- Have a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- Experience with UI Testing automation (Visual studio + C# + Selenium webdriver + Nunit + Specflow, Fitness using Java code)
- Have a thorough knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Are fluent in English C1 or higher;
- Have experience with working/testing in big data
- Communicative and enjoys working in teams with diverse, complementary skills
- Shares our goal to create smarter, healthier and more sustainable office buildings through state-of-the-art technology
Technical Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Current or planned residency in the Randstad Region
- A few years of relevant work experience in SaaS or Smart Building sector
- ISTQB Certified
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. EDGE offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore high ambitions, a desire to constantly learn and to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our new QA Engineer? Please apply by sending an email to Nicolette Speerstra (P&O) using the email address: email@example.com or click on the Apply button below.