15 Dec DevOps Engineer – EDGE NEXT Amsterdam
EDGE NEXT, Amsterdam, Full Time position
About EDGE Next
We are a fast-growing, proptech company headquartered in Amsterdam, with projects all over Europe and the United States. Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we have started our SaaS-based venture a couple of years ago and are now further strengthening our team.
We use sensor technology, cloud computing and data analytics to create a unique building analytics platform. Our standardized SaaS offering for new and existing buildings, is helping our clients to understand how their buildings perform, how they can optimize operations and how they can elevate the workplace experience for employees. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world. We are frontrunners in the market and continuously develop our product further in close alignment with cutting-edge developments within the Microsoft Azure IoT Stack, enabling us to work with the newest Microsoft products even before they are commercially released.
Because the world needs better buildings, we are looking for top tier talent with a clear vision to help us reach our goals. Are you up for the challenge?
FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THE WORLD NEEDS BETTER BUILDINGS
We are looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to strengthen our team. In your role you will be responsible for the daily development operations and first line support to the platform. Through close collaboration with our inhouse developers your duty is to implement reliable automations as well as picking up production issues as they come in. Come and join us!
Competencies relevant to the role
- Extensive experience with Azure DevOps for source control and should understand pull requests, branches, repositories and other CI/CD concepts as well as Azure CLI. Azure Automation is a plus.
- Comfortable with Azure components like Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server, CosmosDB, Azure Functions, Event Hubs, Azure Service Bus and App Services.
- Experience with the .NET Core framework and other MS technologies
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with Azure DevOps for source control and should understand pull requests, branches, repositories and other CI/CD concepts
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, like Azure ARM and Azure CLI
- Work directly with the DevOps team to test system integrity
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Test implemented designs
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to learn
- Intrinsic strive for excellence
- Driven by curiosity, good problem solver, result oriented
- Shares our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings
- Communicative and enjoys working in teams with diverse, complementary skills
Education & Experience relevant to the role
- Bachelor or similar level of degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- >2 years work experience in development on Microsoft Azure platform
- EU working permit
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Microsoft Certifications (Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert)
This is a full-time position in Amsterdam. EDGE offers an attractive employee benefits package that more than meets market conditions. Therefore flexibility, a desire to constantly learn and to take on new challenges are an absolute must in order to succeed with us.
Would you like to know more or apply directly?
Do you have any questions about the position or are you already sure about your choice and want to get started as our new DevOps Engineer? Please apply by sending an email to Nicolette Speerstra (P&O) using the email address: email@example.com,or click on the Apply button below.