25 Sep Cloud Software Engineer / Amsterdam
Building upon our parent company’s strong foundation as one of the most innovative office developers in the real estate market, we started our SaaS-based venture a few years ago. Through advanced sensor technology, it offers clients an understanding of how their buildings perform, optimises operations and elevates the employee experience. Our ultimate goal is to be the best IoT Platform in the real estate business, using state-of-the-art technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence to create healthier and more sustainable buildings around the world.
- In your role you will be building (new) platform capabilities while optimising the existing code base
- Working on new data interfaces and integrating data from different data sources from buildings (sensor data, building management system data, etc.) as well as systems of tenants (room booking, access control, parking, etc.) and partner solutions such as mobile applications, integrating mostly Microsoft IoT based solutions
- You will co-develop with our partners at Microsoft the next generation of our underlying Azure IoT platform
- Regular interaction with our wider international product , commercial and real estate team, making you part of a diverse and highly motivated group of professionals with complementary expertise.
- Bachelor degree in Math/Physics/Engineering/IT
- >3 years’ work experience in development on Microsoft Azure IoT platform
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 or higher)
- Microsoft certifications (Azure Administrator Associate or Azure Developer Associate) is an advantage
- Extensive experience with the .NET framework and other technologies: C#, Web API and Microsoft Azure IoT
- Comfortable coding in .NET/C#, PowerShell, Python, R (amongst others)
- Must have advanced experience in object oriented programming, data structures, dependency injection and multi-threading, creating high-level, low-level design documentation
- Experience in agile software development
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience working with DevOps as source control and should understand the concepts around pull requests, branches, repositories
- Experience with REST API/ Web API creation, consumption, integration using Service Oriented Architecture / Service Bus (Azure Service Bus)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (Azure SQL, Storage, Web apps, web roles, worker roles, Service Fabric, Iot Hub).
- Experienced with server-less and micro-services architecture
- Experience in IoT solutions an advantage / must
- Experience working with scalable global cloud enterprise applications.
- Experience with unit test frameworks (Microsoft Unit Test Framework, MOQ),
- Strong understanding of distributed systems an advantage
- Experience in PowerBI and ability to code in ASP/.NET is appreciated.
- EU working permit
- You share our goal to create healthier and more sustainable buildings.
Like to know more or apply now?
Whether you have questions about this position, or are ready to get started as our new Cloud Software Engineer, please send your CV and motivation letter to Nadia van den Borne (HR Manager) via email@example.com.